Partnering with Christian parents, Watersprings School provides a Christ-centered education built upon a biblical foundation of love, truth, and discipline and trains students spiritually, academically, physically, and socially for a lifetime of glorifying and serving the Lord.
Expected Student Outcomes
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. -Luke 2:52
The mission of Watersprings School is to provide a Christ-centered education in order to train students spiritually, academically, physically and socially for a lifetime of serving the Lord. It is our fervent prayer that, as a result of this education and the Lord’s ongoing work upon the hearts and minds of our students, that our graduates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Commits to a personal relationship with Christ and pursues ongoing spiritual development (John 3:16, Romans 10:9, Acts 17:11, Colossians 1:9-10)
- Understands the gospel, salvation, and how to witness to others (II Timothy 2:2, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16, 1 Peter 3:15)
- Practices spiritual disciplines such as devotions, personal Bible study, and prayer (Joshua 1:8, Psalm 119:15, Philippians 2:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Ephesians 6:18)
- Commits to regular fellowship with a body of believers through a local church (Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 28:16-20, 1 Corinthians 12)
- Knows, understands, and applies the Bible as God’s infallible Word (II Timothy 3:16-17)
- Interprets and articulates a biblical worldview and operates from that perspective in the world and in daily decision making (Genesis 1:28)
- Articulates differences between Christianity and other worldviews (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Dialogues effectively with those who hold other worldviews (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Defends one’s faith by using the Word of God (1 Peter 3:15, 2 Timothy 4:2)
- Demonstrates academic preparedness in all academic disciplines (Luke 2:52)
- Thinks critically and logically to ascertain truth and solve real-world problems (Proverbs 1:5)
- Pursues a strong work ethic and a commitment to lifelong learning (Colossians 3:23)
- Has the skills to ask questions, solve problems and make wise decisions (Proverbs 2:1-5, 3:5-6)
- Knows how to utilize resources, including technology, and to find, analyze and evaluate information within a Christian context (Philippians 4:8)
- Treats their bodies as the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Demonstrates self-control based on Biblical standards (2 Timothy 1:7, Galatians 5:22-23)
- Embraces the values of teamwork and sacrifice for the sake of others (John 15:13, Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
- Learns to communicate effectively when speaking and writing (2 Timothy 4:2)
- Understands that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Respects the people with whom they work, play, and live and relates to them appropriately and with integrity (Titus 2:7)
- Practices stewardship of all God has entrusted to him/her (1 Corinthians 4:2)
- Demonstrates servant-leadership (Matthew 20:2-8, John 15:13)
Download a copy of our Expected Student Outcomes by clicking here.
Philosophy of Education
The Watersprings School Philosophy of Education is based on the truth that God’s word is the standard for all truth, and that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative work of God. God has created and sustains all things. Therefore, the universe and man were created by God to glorify Him. Because of the sin nature, man cannot, through his own efforts, know or glorify God. It is only by accepting God’s free gift that man receives salvation through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ.
As an extension of the Christian home, Watersprings School supports parents who seek to obey Biblical instruction. Parents have the primary responsibility in educating their children in the ways of the Lord. Our purpose is to come alongside parents in that education, transforming and training our students according to the example of our Lord Jesus Christ, so that they can be a godly influence in the world.
For our 6th -12th graders, we take a discipleship approach to prepare our students to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. In these grades we encourage students to profess Jesus Christ as their Savior and to have a personal walk with Jesus. Regular church attendance is strongly encouraged.
- Be well-prepared in all academic disciplines.
- Have the skills to ask questions, solve problems and make wise decisions.
- Know how to utilize resources, including technology, to find, analyze and evaluate information within a Christian context.
- Treat their bodies as the temples of the Holy Spirit.
- Demonstrate self-control based on biblical standards.
- Embrace the value of teamwork and sacrifice for the sake of others.
- Understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Know, understand, and apply the Bible as God’s infallible Word.
- Articulate and defend their Christian worldview, having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews.
- Learn to communicate effectively when speaking and writing.
- Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God.
- Respect the people with whom they work, play, and live - relating to them appropriately and with integrity.